It’s rare for people to read a gospel from start to finish continually. The Gospel According to Mark is the shortest gospel. Read it in a single sitting. As your read, jot down things that surprise you.
These can be:
- things that you never noticed.
- things that seems like they’re missing from the story as you remember it.
- stuff you found curious or interesting.
- Hunches/questions/aha moments given what you’ve learned in class.
- Anything else that tickles your fancy.
Spend about 250 words reflecting on this either in list form (as above) or written out in paragraphs.